Scientifically formulated for discus, taking into account their need for higher protein levels. Additionally, discus are known to be finicky eaters by nature. The Discus Bio-Gold® granule has been manufactured to reduce the mess caused by a discus' normal eating routine and formulated with lots of natural flavor attractants to offer maximum acceptance. This diet has been used as an exclusive food for raising and breeding wild caught discus.
Scientifically Formulated For Success
- Made from a perfect blend of proteins, indispensable amino acids and necessary vitamins and minerals
- High in stabilized vitamin C to support immune system health
- A usable protein level better than live foods
- Expect extremely healthy growth rates
- Natural color enhancing ingredients safely produce natural brilliant colors rapidly while helping definition too!
A Unique Granule With A Purpose
- Porous granule immediately becomes soft and sponge-like, yet retains it's shape
- Developed to meet the discus eating routine of repeatedly taking the food in and spitting it out
- Will not dissolve or cloud the water
- Free of parasites and bacteria common with live foods
- Bio-Technology allows us to use the highest grade of caroteniods available today to help your fish look their best
For best results feed smaller amounts more often instead of two (2) feedings daily. Turning the water flow down when feeding discus can be beneficial. Remove any uneaten food after the feeding period to avoid any health-impacting water quality issue.
Note: Hikari® Tropical Discus Bio-Gold® contains higher levels of natural ingredients which may cause a slight change in color from one production lot to another. Rest assured because of our rigid quality standards each package meets our superior nutritional specification.
Krill meal, whole crushed silkworm pupae, fish meal, cuttlefish meal, dried seaweed meal, brewers dried yeast, potato starch, spirulina, carotene, lecithin, DL-methionine, astaxanthin, garlic, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), inositol, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacin, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, silicon dioxide, ferrous sulfate, magnesium sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, red 3 (artificial color).* 07-49K
* Because of our commitment to providing the highest quality nutrition available, some differences in ingredients may occur due to regular formula updates.
|Crude Protein||Crude Fat||Crude Fiber||Moisture||Ash|
|min. 50.0%||min. 12.0%||max. 3.0%||max. 10.0%||max. 15.0%|
|Phosphorus||Vitamin A||Vitamin D3||Vitamin E||Ascorbic Acid|
|min. 0.8%||min. 19,000 IU/kg||min. 2,800 IU/kg||min. 780 IU/kg||min. 1,200 mg/kg|
Packaging & Pellet Size(s)
|2.82 oz (80g) - #22316|
|2.2 lb (1kg) - #22366|